As a child, I often thought that there was something wrong with me. I did not fit in with my peers and I was socially awkward because it was hard for me to initiate a conversation. There was always something unusual and mystic about me which led people to believe I was a weird kid. Throughout the years of childhood and adolescence and now being a young adult I have learned that there are certain things a weird kid learns.
- You get used to rejection: One thing a weird kid surely learns is that it becomes easier to face rejection. Most kids are immature and they do not want to deal with someone who might come across as a weird kid. It is cruel but it surely prepares you for the fact that a lot of people are going to stay away from you and you will face rejection. The good thing is it’s not that bad after all in the grand scheme of things.
- You will find true friends: While it is possible no one wants to hang out with you, it is also a probability that out of so many kids, some might feel what you feel or may be more understanding about how you feel. The ones that do stick by you are those people you’d want to stick with for your entire life.
- You’re aware that you can self improve: While there is nothing particularly wrong being weird, you always know that at some point you’ll have to make few changes to adapt to the environment and move forward in order to develop social relationships. Re inventing yourself can turn out to be life changing and motivational for you and others.
- You embrace your uniqueness: This is something which is a valuable life lesson and a lot of people take a lot of time to learn this. However, being a weird kid you have to embrace that you’re outside the normality of your surroundings which allows you to accept and embrace your uniqueness.
- You do things which no one else does: Well, this surely stands out. Normal people do normal things. Strange people do strange things. Life becomes more interesting once there is something crazy and strange happening. Strange people do creative stuff and thinks outside the box. That is a lovely thing about being weird.
To all the weird kids out there, you are awesome and don’t let anyone else tell you otherwise. You are truly amazing and can do great stuff. Just remember to embrace yourself and make the best of your weirdness. After all, you’re mystical creatures. Be weird. Be strange.